BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Top Ten Things My Dad Said That Saved My Life

My dad is a man of few words. More often than not, a litany of words would often get you a curt nod. He took up his secondary education at San Beda College, he was also a Philosophy graduate from the same college. He got his MBA in De La Salle University then his Law degree at Ateneo De Manila University. Yes, UAAP games tear him apart.

1. This is what you call..BASKETBALL. The sport is a big part of our relationship because my dad played for San Beda during his college years. Oha. :) He taught me all the skills and tricks. Despite the obvious fact that I'm truly height deprived.

2. The best hobby there is, is reading. My dad is such a book junkie like me. Our sunday afternoons are spent looking for the perfect book to buy. Book which turns into books because I could never just by one. The best thing is my dad never deprived me of reading, he encouraged even the most shallow of books.

3. Why don't you try writing. I was eight and so bored at our Hong Kong hotel. My dad handed me a writing pad and a pen, from then on I never stopped writing. I wrote poems and short stories, which to my dad's happiness, would be my way of telling him how I feel. It definitely helped bridge our differences during my teenage years.

4. There's nothing more wonderful than family. My dad's side of the family has always been the closest to my heart. Nothing could ever be the epitome of family like they are. Sure, we had our ups and downs, but there really is nothing more wonderful than my family.

5. Boss, sa tinapay. My dad introduced me to one of the most amazing creations in this world. Sorbetes sa monay. Hahaha. To this day, nothing has ever surpassed my comfort food.

6. If you want to be sure, ask me, I will always know. He does know, and it's not because he's my dad. He just knows each and every time someone doesn't have the best of intentions. And my dad has helped me see the light one too many times.

7. Ask for the betterment of others, and your dreams shall unfold. My dad has always taught me how to be selfless, because he is one of the most selfless people I know. Always look out for others before yourself.

8. Don't run away from what you fear. He knows me so well. He knows that so many things scare me but i'd rather not show it. Even if I look so forlorn and nervous, he would always push me to face my fears. Not riding rollercoasters though, we share that fear to a T.

9. Take it one step at a time. Whenever I have to decide on doing something, I have always had this habit of imagining possible future scenarios. I blame it on my creativity. So before I actually drive myself crazy trying to think of things, he always reminds me to take that one step and worry when I get there.

10. Lyching. People who know me and my dad would understand this. Haha.

0 comments: